The Church at Liberty Park in Vestavia Hills, Alabama is seeking our next Worship Pastor. Both full-time and bi-vocational candidates will be considered.
The Worship Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
- Creating an environment, through music, that brings the church into a common voice of praise and worship for our Heavenly Father.
- Use all forms of hymns, psalms, and praise music to celebrate our risen Savior.
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor on Christ centered worship ideas.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and other staff to create opportunities for the community to hear the gospel.
- Coordinate all aspects of media and technology for each worship service.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff prayer times, and annual staff trainings to promote effective collaboration.
Requirements for Education & Experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A degree in music is required, advanced degrees preferred.
- Candidate must have a high proficiency in leading the worship service vocally.
- Candidate must be able to coordinate and lead multiple musicians.
- Candidate must have a track record of effective leadership, judgment, and character.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- The candidate should fit the qualifications outlined in Scripture for elder/pastor based on 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Candidate must have a visible love for Jesus, the church, and the Word of God.
- Candidates must exemplify a deep and consistent walk with Christ through the Word of God and prayer.
- This individual should have a strong stage presence that can effectively engage people in worship.
- Candidate must be someone who can shepherd his volunteers with the love of Christ.
- Candidate should also exemplify humility and a highly disciplined work ethic.
- Candidate must exhibit love and grace toward people in the church and community.
To submit your resume, click here.