Sermon Notes for July 12, 2020
To download a copy of these notes in Microsoft Word, click here.
Summer Stories | Jacob: Wounded by Grace | Genesis 32-33
- Genesis 31:3
- Genesis 32:1-2
- Genesis 32:3-8
- Genesis 32:9-12
- Not to the God you want but to the God you NEED!
- Pray His word. “Lord you said …”
- “I am not worthy.”
- “Deliver me.”
- Genesis 32:24-25
- God loves us enough to confront us…
- Genesis 26-32
- God does not confront us to condemn us, He confronts us to transform us.
- The Question? What is your name?
The Greater Story
- Prayer is the place we come to pray our will and surrender it at the same time.
- “Jacob held on to God at the RISK of his life, to get a blessing for himself. Jesus held on at the Cost of His life to get the blessing for us.” - Tim Keller
- Isaiah 53: 5, 10a
Do you have questions? Have you made a decision for Christ? Click on the following link to let us know your decision and how we can help you! www.libertypark.org/next
Your Generosity Helps to Continue Our Mission
Thank you for your support of The Church at Liberty Park. Your generosity helps us continue our mission of glorifying God and making disciples by inviting our community to enjoy fulfilling lives in Christ. Below are a few reminders about giving options.
- Give Online: www.libertypark.org/give
- Text to Give: Text TCLP to 73256 to give using your text messaging. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
- Give by Check: Please make checks payable to "The Church at Liberty Park" and mail to: 12001 Liberty Parkway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35242.
Called Business Meeting - July 19
With the concurrence of the Deacons, it is proposed that we engage Myrick, Gurosky, & Associates to transform the Fellowship Hall into permanent adult education space in accordance with the Master Plan approved in 2019. We will have a Called Business Meeting on Sunday, July 19 to vote on this proposal as a congregation. (For more information, click here.)
Making Space - Books, Supplies, Furniture, etc.
Today is the final day! We have identified several items that we no longer have space or use for at the church. The items are located in the hallway down by the Youth Room. If you would like to have any of the items, please claim and take them prior to Sunday, July 12. After July 12, all remaining items will be donated.
VBS Registration is Open
VBS will take place online July 19-23, 5:00pm-8:00pm. Click here to register now!
How Can I Stay Informed?
We will update you regularly through the following channels:
- Church website: www.libertypark.org. For the most recent updates, check www.libertypark.org/news.
- Facebook: @TheChurchatLibertyPark
- Instagram: churchatlibertypark
- YouTube LiveStream: The Church at Liberty Park