Sermon Notes for April 18, 2020
To download a copy of these notes in Microsoft Word, click here.
The Continuing Evidence of the Resurrection | Acts 9:1-19
"God had you in view when he saved Paul…. God’s design in converting Paul is to give you hope for yourself and for the people you want to see converted." - John Piper
- 1 Timothy 1:16
God’s grace is surprising
- His pursuit of you is personal.
"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodigal Son at least walked home on his own feet. But who can duly adore that Love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words “compel them to come in” have been so abused be wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis
- His pursuit of you is humbling.
- Your past does not disqualify you from God’s grace!
- God’s grace is transforming.
- It brings identification.
It brings transparency.
- 1 Timothy 3:15
- It brings graciousness and generosity.
- It brings purpose.
It will bring suffering.
- 2 Corinthians 11:25-28
- Philippians 3:10
Do you have questions? Have you made a decision for Christ? Click on the following link to let us know your decision and how we can help you! www.libertypark.org/next
Your Generosity Helps to Continue Our Mission
Thank you for your support of The Church at Liberty Park. Your generosity helps us continue our mission of glorifying God and making disciples by inviting our community to enjoy fulfilling lives in Christ. Below are a few reminders about giving options.
- Give Online: www.libertypark.org/give
- Text to Give: Text TCLP to 73256 to give using your text messaging. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
- Give by Check: Please make checks payable to "The Church at Liberty Park" and mail to: 12001 Liberty Parkway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35242.
How Can I Stay Informed?
We will update you regularly through the following channels:
- Church website: www.libertypark.org. For the most recent updates, check www.libertypark.org/news.
- Facebook: @TheChurchatLibertyPark
- Instagram: churchatlibertypark
- YouTube LiveStream: The Church at Liberty Park
Secret Church 21
On Friday, April 23, 2021, we will join with tens of thousands of people around the world for intense study in God's Word and prayer for the persecuted church as we participate in Secret Church 21.
This year's theme is: The Great Imbalance
Secret Church will begin at 6:00pm on Friday, April 23, 2021 and conclude at midnight. To learn more and to sign up, visit www.libertypark.org/secret-church. The cost for the evening is $10 per person with a family maximum of $20.
Baby Dedication - Father's Day, June 20
Register for VBS today!
Vacation Bible School will be June 7-11, 2021. To sign up, go to www.libertypark.org/vbs