Sermon Notes for September 27, 2020
To download a copy of these notes in Microsoft Word, click here.
Summer Stories | Samson | Judges 13-16
God always creates with purpose.
- Judges 13:1-5, 12, 24-25
- Judges 14:1-7, 19-20
- Judges 15:8-17
- Judges 16:1-4, 18-22, 28-30
Samson: The Slippery Slope
You always get what you are looking for.
- Proverbs 25:28
- You compromise.
- Sin will find you, blind you, and bind you!
- Proverbs 18:1
- Don't wait until the end of your life to surrender to God's grace.
- Don't become comfortable with the status quo.
- Nothing thwarts God's purpose.
- "God draws a straight line with crooked sticks."
JESUS IS THE GREATER SAMSON.
Do you have questions? Have you made a decision for Christ? Click on the following link to let us know your decision and how we can help you! www.libertypark.org/next
Your Generosity Helps to Continue Our Mission
Thank you for your support of The Church at Liberty Park. Your generosity helps us continue our mission of glorifying God and making disciples by inviting our community to enjoy fulfilling lives in Christ. Below are a few reminders about giving options.
- Give Online: www.libertypark.org/give
- Text to Give: Text TCLP to 73256 to give using your text messaging. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
- Give by Check: Please make checks payable to "The Church at Liberty Park" and mail to: 12001 Liberty Parkway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35242.
How Can I Stay Informed?
We will update you regularly through the following channels:
- Church website: www.libertypark.org. For the most recent updates, check www.libertypark.org/news.
- Facebook: @TheChurchatLibertyPark
- Instagram: churchatlibertypark
- YouTube LiveStream: The Church at Liberty Park
Deacon Nominations - August 30-September 27 - TODAY IS THE DEADLINE
Every individual who is a member of The Church at Liberty Park may submit a nomination form, and all church members are encouraged to participate in this process. Please complete the form online or come by the church office to fill one out. The by-laws state that men who are at least 21 years of age and who have been an active member of the church for at least one year are eligible to be nominated. A list of these men is available to help you in making your choices. Please contact the church office for these names at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please choose eight men from the list and use this form to submit your nominations.
Operation Christmas Child
This year we will have two ways to be involved in Operation Christmas Child. There are boxes for you and your family to take home and fill as usual. However, this year we will also be having a Families on Mission Day for our community to come stuff boxes together at the church! Go to libertypark.org/occ to sign up to purchase items needed for our boxes, and get them to the church by October 29. Then on November 14 bring your family and friends to the church to help fill up 200 boxes with gifts! If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.